We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
St Anne's is part of the 'West Leicester Mission Partnership'
The original Church Building, having been transported from its previous home in Evington, was in use from 1914 and the first Priest-in-charge was the Rev'd Frederick Tolhurst. The building was of a corrugated structure affectionately known as 'Tin Annie'. The original building now forms the middle section of the current Church Hall, although replaced in part and a new rear section built in the 1980's.
In the early 1930s work began on building the current Church Building. The first portion of the church was consecrated by Rt Rev Cyril Bowman Bardsley, Bishop of Leicester, on 9th June 1934. Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances at the time the building was never completed to the original plans - which explains why the west end of the church including the west porch are not in keeping with the rest of the church.
In 1994 extensive work was carried out on the Organ by JM Spink of Leeds including work to convert the 'action' from pneumatic to electro-pneumatic and the addition of some new stops.
St Anne's has a long held tradition for Choral Music and in October 1948 became affiliated to the Royal School of Church Music.
As well as a full Choir there is also a Music Group that leads the monthly All-age worship.
Both Choir and Music Group are always looking for new recruits!
Visit our website:
Letchworth Road, Western Park
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below