We are a rural Anglican church near to Aysgarth Falls, Wensleydale.
The church has served the villages and communities of the area for over 1,000 years. It is a place of regular worship, pray and peaceful reflection.
The Nave altar was created in 2007 by the removal of the front pews, thus allowing extra space for informal services and musical events.
The church is the home of the Jervaulx Screen and much more of historical interest since being almost totally rebuilt in 1866. It has the largest churchyard in England.
St. Andrew's Church is part of the Penhill Benefice which also includes the churches in Castle Bolton & Redmire, West Witton and Preston under Scar with Wensley.
Every 5th Sunday we celebrate a Benefice Holy Communion Service at 10.30am in one of the churces in the benefice. Please check calendar for venue.
The Benefice Mission Statement
The Penhill Benefice is committed to show the love of God and the saving grace of Jesus. We share together as the body of Christ, in prayer, worship, ministry and fellowship.
In the power of the Holy Spirit we are called to mission and outreach
and to be a support and comfort in the community.