The original church dates from Saxon times. Following major restoration in 1875 only the Saxon north wall and sixteenth century bell tower remain of the earlier building. The restoration uncovered a Saxon carved stone cross in the church wall, which is now on display above the pulpit.
The vestry contains an interesting window depicting the arms of the Abbot of Jervaulx.
The churchyard was consecrated in 1752
The Penhill Benefice Mission Statement
The Penhill Benefice is committed to show the love of God and the saving grace of Jesus.
We share together as the body of Christ, in prayer, worship, ministry and fellowship.
In the power of the Holy Spirit we are called to mission and outreach and to be a support and comfort in the community.