Part of the Church of England. As the “mother church” of our united parish of six, St Cuthbert’s is well-used and, like all our buildings, well-loved and cared for. Close to the cemetery overlooking Pateley, the old church (still substantially intact) was abandoned and replaced in 1827 by this building, dedicated to St Cuthbert, who spent some time as a young monk at the Monastery in Ripon in the role of Guestmaster.
The plain architecture provides an excellent acoustic for music and singing. Frequent brass band and other concerts are held here and we are blessed with a particularly fine Harrison and Harrison three manual organ. Blessed with a good Sunday School, some of our children lead the Eucharist on the first Sunday. A choir leads our worship and there are a number of special services during the year including Choral Evensong and Christingle. For more information about this church please visit our web-site by clicking on the following link The Church in the Dale | St Cuthbert's, Pateley Bridge
Safeguarding children and vulnerable people is really important to us, we are committed providing safer churches. Please copy and paste the following into the address bar to be directed to our safeguarding page.