The neo-Norman church of St Mary was built in 1843, and is believed to be the only church in the country with an entirely vaulted roof. The marble floor and steps of the chancel, and the vestry door, were originally part of York Minster. There is also a 17th Century communion table, and a Jacobean pulpit. The tiers of pews arranged along three walls are reminiscent of a college chapel. The stone for building the church came partly from the old Roman quarry in the grounds of Aldborough Manor, and partly from another quarry at Copgrove.
Please see the page `More Information about Roecliffe Church` to read more.