St Michael & All Angels Church is adjacent to Brooksby Hall in the deserted village of Brooksby. The 13th century building contains memorials to Sir William and Dame Anne Villiers, the last representatives of the Villiers family who lived at Brooksby from 1235 to 1711 and also to Earl Beatty of Brooksby and The North Sea, the last private owner of the Hall. We received a Heritage Lottery Fund grant towards commemorating the centeneray of the Battle of Jutland in 2016. This involved restoring Beatty's Union Flag and the Jutland Memorial, a commemorative service (on the church website), a number of lectures, concert, display and commemorative booklet. For many years Brooksby Hall was a hunting lodge and many famous people owned or rented it.
Brooksby Church serves as a parish church, college chapel for the Brooksby Campus of Brooksby Melton College and is a very popular venue for weddings and wedding blessings in association with Brooksby Hall where receptions are held.
Highlights of the year in addition to the weddings include the Christmas carol service, Remembrance Sunday service and a popular lambing service among the sheep at Hall Farm in March.