We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
St. Stephen’s Church
The church was built as a Chapel of Ease so that local families did not have to travel to
All Saints Church in Alrewas. It was consecrated by the Bishop of Lichfield later in 1861. St. Stephen’s unusual design and its position
at the corner of Hall Lane have made it a landmark feature in Fradley village.
Interesting architectural features include the three stained glass windows at the east end, the impressive vaulted wooden roof and the pipe organ.
Recent additions and improvements reflect its expanding role in the local community. There is a new Meeting Room, a disabled toilet
and baby changing facility, a hearing loop and full wheelchair access. The bell tower has been restored, and the building
recently re-roofed, with some interior and exterior decorating completed.
St. Stephen's Church is home to the war graves of a number of Australian aircrew and one German Luftwaffe pilot who lost their lives during WW2.
In 2000 a memorial to all who served at RAF Lichfield was constructed in Fradley.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below