St Peter and St Paul, Fitz

The Severn Loop Parishes serve the communities of Albrighton with Battlefield, Bicton, Bomere Heath, Fitz, Leaton, Montford and Shrawardine and is situated to the north and west of the town of Shrewsbury in the county of Shropshire.

We are part of the Diocese of Lichfield whose mission statement was inspired by its founding saint: Come follow Christ in the footsteps of St Chad. We in the Loop have qualified this with our own strapline: Know the Story, Share the Story, Live the Story. In our life together as disciples in these beautiful rural communities, we seek to deepen our faith, share the hope we have, and bear witness to Jesus as Lord in all that we do.

At Fitz we have services of Holy Communion on the first and third Sundays at 9.30am (with a break in August), and with the exception of Christmas Day and Easter Day, all of our services are from the Book of Common Prayer.

Whether you would like to join with us for Sunday worship or in one of our ministries, whether you're thinking about marriage or baptism, or whether you are just browsing, we welcome you!

Get in touch

The Reverend Hannah Lins

What's on

Holy Communion

Monthly. Every First, Third Sunday at for 1 hour
St Peter and St Paul, Fitz
by Fitz Manor, Fitz Fitz Shrewsbury, SY4 3AS, United Kingdom

On the first and third Sundays of the month (EXCEPT IN AUGUST). On the fifth Sunday we have a united service at 10.30am, which circulates around the churches.


Our parish of Fitz: St Peter & St Paul is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults from harm. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO). Our Diocese of Lichfield’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor who advises our PSO. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the PSO [] or the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority’s children or adult social care services.