Church and parish
St Aidan's is on Shobnall Road (B5017) near The Albion pub. It was built in 1884 as a chapel of ease to Saint John the Divine in Horninglow. Since 1 November 2005, however, Saint Aidan's has been part of a single parish with Saint Paul's, by the Town Hall. The Vicar, Fr Stanley Monkhouse, is also Vicar of Saint Modwen's, the Parish Church of Burton. He is supported by Fr Phillip Jefferies and Dr Robin Trotter (Reader).
We are proud of our gardens and the nature reserve by the stream behind the church, which are looked after by volunteer garden staff. The nature reserve is also used as a teaching aid for the pupils from Shobnall Primary School opposite the church, with which we have close links.