The church is open every weekday from 8.30am until 6.00pm.
Come and spend some time away from the busyness of life.
A small but growing community in the Shropshire "Lake District", Cockshutt has many of the features of a traditional village. Our worship style is "middle of the road" with a strong emphasise on friendship. We pride ourselves on the warmth of our welcome!
The church, dedicated to St Simon & St Jude, is a modest red brick building built in 1777. A previous chapel on the same site is recorded as far back as the 15th century. Architecturally the church is of a very simple 'box' design with a small apse added by the Victorians. Within the apse, there is a good example of Kempe stained glass dated 1896.
To celebrate the millennium, members of the congregation started an ambitious building project. This work was completed in March 2002 with the addition of a new kitchen and disabled toilet extension. Together with a new carpet and reordering of the chancel, the project has given the church a new flexibility in its service to the community.
Centre of the Village
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below