Since 1159 there has been a Christian presence at Petton. From its early origins as a Motte and Bailey construction, the Church has long commanded majestic views of the surrounding Shropshire countryside - from Hawkstone to the Wrekin and across to the Stiperstones.
Perhaps the most striking of all the features of Petton church are the wonderful stained glass windows, all except one having been made by Ward and Hughes, a well known London firm of glass painters. The first window to be fitted was the fine East window depicting Holman Hunt's famous painting, 'The Light of the World'.
Although a relatively small church, visitors to Petton often comment on the warm welcome and sense of Christian community they find here. Members of the church work very hard to raise money and awareness for the projects supported as part of our concern for Justice and Care.
With its sense of history and concern for living out the Christian life, Petton church remains a very special place.