Edgmond Church is one of 6 Churches in a United Benefice with Tibberton, Great Bolas, Waters Upton, Preston and Kynnersley. The Benefice is overseen by the Rector of Edgmond Revd Preb Helen Morby.
This historic church which was founded in 1080 is on the High Street and in the conservation area of the village. Uniquely there is an annual Clypping Service in July. This historic tradition involves the whole of the local community.
St Peter’s electoral roll has just more than 100 people on it and the average Sunday attendance is a congregation of 20-30 people. Sunday service is 10.30am Holy Communion (BCP). There is also Holy Communion (BCP) at 9:30am on Thursdays. We have an excellent organist and SATB choir. As a training tower we have also a splendid team of more than eight bell ringers capable of ringing for services and celebrations. When there is a fifth Sunday in the month we join with the other churches in the benefice for worship followed by fellowship.
The St Peter’s CofE (C) School in Edgmond is an attractive and purpose-built primary school which has been awarded the status of Flagship School for IQM. This is the highest accreditation award for Inclusion, Quality, Mark. Next door to the school is the children's day nursery Edgmond Owls.
Harper Adams University is in the parish. It is the primary University for agriculture and land based studies. Our Rector plays a leading role in the Chaplaincy.