Fulford is a village set 5 miles from the market town of Stone and 2 miles from Blythe Bridge. The church serves a parish that includes Fulford village, Stallington Road to the south of the A50 and the new development of Stallington Village.
There has been a church in Fulford for many centuries. The present church was built in 1826 and is a light and airy building with a semi circular apse at the eastern end. The east window illustrates St Nicholas and St Chad, who holds Lichfield Cathedral on his palm, either side of Christ in majesty.
The building was extended in the 1990's when an annexe was added providing a toilet suitable for the disabled,, a facility for making hot drinks and a small meeting room that is mostly used for refreshments after Sunday services.
The people of St Nicholas church want to welcome folk of all ages to worship and to join in the social activities of the church. There is a monthly family service in addition to both Common Woship and BCP Holy Communion services. The programme of services aims to combine both ancient and modern liturgies, taken in a respectful way so that all are made welcome.
The church is also prominent in the village through the extensive programme of social events that are held each year. Regular coffee mornings help to draw people together, especially the senior residents.
Visitor or resident of the parish, young or not so young, you will be gladly welcomed at St Nicholas Church in the Staffordshire village of Fulford.