St Peter's Melverley is committed to Safeguarding and has adopted the National and Diocesan Safeguarding Policies. Our Safeguarding Coordinator is Graeme Ross and he can be contacted on 01691 680302.
The village of Melverley lies in the beautifully tranquil pastoral setting of the Shropshire/Powys border country.
Our timber-framed church is one of the oldest of its type in the county. It is situated on the banks of the River Vyrnwy. St Peter’s Church was rebuilt in 1406 to replace the wooden church that was burnt down by Owain Glyndwr during the Welsh uprisings in 1401. All that remains of the old building is the Saxon font, which is still used for Baptisms today. The parishioners of Melverley continue a history of over 1000 years of worship in the church founded so long ago.