This was the first daughter church to be built in the Longnor Benefice. It was erected by Sir George Crewe in 1837 and was first licensed in 1838. It is situated at the head of a valley with views to Reapsmoor, Sheen and Hartington. It serves a scattered community of farms and private dwellings covering a wide area.
A major restoration took place in 1890. The work was authorised by Sir Vauncey Harpur-Crewe. In 2001 it underwent further restoration to bring it up to modern standards and requirements, This was made possible by a legacy left to St. Paul's by Miss Airmyne Harpur-Crewe.