Reapsmoor is one of the daughter churches of Longnor, and has fine views across the countryside. The building had previously been a workhouse for the poor. In 1846 a licence for worship was given to the upstairs room, and this is when the external staircase was constructed.
The schoolroom was on the ground floor. The school closed in 1959 and the room is now used for church and local events.
Extensive restoration took place in the 1890's and in 2019. The building is now owned by The Peak District National Park.