The first mention of a church at Sheen is in the 12th century. The present building dates from the 1850's. The roof was designed by Mr. William Butterfield.
Some of the windows are beautifully designed, and worth studying. The pulpit and organ were originally installed in All Saints' Church, Margaret Street, London and whilst there the pulpit was preached in by Dr. Edward Pusey, and Cardinal Newman.
The reredos and font are made of alabaster and local marbles, including some of the famous `Duke's Red' from the Monyash quarries. There is a peal of six bells.
There are facilities in the room under the tower where weary pilgrims/walkers/cyclists/visitors may make themselves a cup of tea or coffee.