Church of England Diocese of Lichfield Oakengates

Opening

We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information

01952 617667

Getting here

The mid 1800's saw a rapid increase in the local population of Oakengates. Due to a rich abundance of coal and iron seams, workers migrated here to mine the ores. To fulfil the spiritual needs of these workers the Church of England responded to the need by deciding to create a new parish under the recently passed New Parishes Act. Following an appeal for donations to build a new church, £3100 was raised by public subscription during the following five years and Holy Trinity was consecrated on 25th January 1855 by Bishop Lonsdale of Lichfield.

The church and parish have undergone many changes in the 150 years since the consecration of the building but we continue to ensure Godly worship and endeavour to make disciple, mission and outreach our priority.

Holyhead Road, Oakengates, Telford
Oakengates
Telford
TF2 6BN

If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below