Saturday Mornings from 10.30 am to 12.30 pm
The Church of St Thomas the Apostle is part of the United Benefice of Hartshill, Penkhull,and Trent Vale,and is situated in the ancient village of Penkhull, serving the community through public worship, prayer, preaching the Gospel and through Penkhull Village Hall. The people are forward looking, open and welcoming.
The Church was built to the design of Sir Gilbert Scott and was consecrated on October 12th 1842, through the generosity of the Rev Thomas Webb Minton, and his brother Herbert, sons of the founder of the Minton pottery company. The first Vicar was the Rev Samuel Minton, son of Thomas.
There are many interesting features in the church, like the wonderful craftsmanship in the carpentry of the roof structures, plus the beautiful stained glass windows including the East Window depicting the Ascension and one dedicated to the memory of the fallen of the 292nd Army Field Company, Royal Engineers. Distinctive Minton floor tiles are to be found in the sanctuary and the chancel.
Manor Court Street,
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below