Everyone is a unique, holy and inherently loved child of God. At our Mid Trent Churches we take seriously our Christian and statutory duty to do all we can to safeguard those within our influence and care.
The Parochial Church Council of Stowe by Chartley will take all reasonable care to ensure the safety of the children, young people and vulnerable adults for whom it bears responsibility.
1. Elisabeth McOwan is our approved Safeguarding Co-ordinator for the calendar year 2020 and she is the point of contact through which concerns about child protection will be channelled.
2. She is responsible to the PCC for ensuring that these procedures are implemented.
3. The PCC will work towards adopting the recommendations of the House of Bishops as published in the Policy for Safeguarding, Protecting All God’s Children (2010) and Promoting a Safe Church (2006)
4. The PCC will ensure full compliance with Health and Safety Guidelines.
5. The PCC is not responsible for any groups which include children and young people at this time.
6. The PCC has no responsibility for a hall.
7. Validation: The PCC has no leaders working with children at this time.
8. Only suitable and responsible people may become key holders, references will be taken up in accordance with the Safer Recruitment policy and they will be required to complete the Lichfield Diocese Declaration. Access and usage of church buildings will be monitored as far as is reasonably possible.
9. Completed declaration forms and references will be confidential to and securely held by the Incumbent or, in the event of a vacancy, by the Rural Dean or Archdeacon.
10. The PCC will use the Disclosure & Barring Service for checking leaders' criminal records where appropriate. This will be organised by The Reverend V Starkie, Mid Trent Churches Safeguarding Lead. This will be done via the Safeguarding Office, St Mary's House, The Close, Lichfield. WS13 7LD
11. There are no groups listed in 5 above.
12. See section 11
13. See section 11
14. See section 11
15. The PCC will publish on the notice board at the back of the church a copy of the Diocesan Safeguarding Flow Chart. In addition, all validated leaders and key holders will be given a copy.
16. The PCC will carry public liability insurance and will insure leaders and staff for personal accident.
17. The PCC will implement a plan to monitor annually that the procedures are being followed.
18. The PCC will make a copy of this policy and its procedures available, If requested, at the Archdeacon’s visitation.
19. This Policy and its procedures will be monitored by Safeguarding Co-ordinator who will report to the PCC annually.
20. The Mid Trent Team Safeguarding Lead is the Reverend Vivienne Starkie. Email: [email protected]
21. The PCC will review the policy and its procedures annually.