St Mary’s church was built in 1867 and is Grade 2 Listed. The style is described as 'late Early English' and its architect was the famous Victorian architect, G.E. Street, who designed the Royal Courts of Justice. (However, it is likely that a tiny chapel in the wilds of North Shropshire Whixall would not have been designed by the great man himself; it is more likely that he just approved the drawings of one of his subordinate architects!)
The congregation is friendly, enthusiastic and famous for the warmth of its welcome.
There is a large car park, a toilet and small kitchen facilities.
St Mary's is part of the PEW group of churches in North Shropshire - working together with St Chad's Prees and St Mary the Virgin Edstaston. We are currently in vacancy but are fortunate in having Revd Edith Quirey as our Interim Minister, supported by Canon Robert Parsons and Reader Bridget Hodges to lead our services, perform baptisms, weddings and funerals. (If there is no service on a Sunday at Whixall then we will be sharing worship at either Edstaston or Prees, where you will also be very warmly greeted!)