As a PCC we have adopted the House of Bishops' Promoting a Safer Church: "Safeguarding Policy Statement of the Church of England" document 2017.
The six policy commitments to safeguarding in the document are:
* Promoting a safer environment and culture
* Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Church
* Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
* Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
* Caring pastorally for those who are subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
* Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others
This policy document, along with the Diocesan guidelines and policies, form the basis of our local safeguarding policies.
Agreed by the PCC on 30th April 2019
Please click below to access our Safeguarding Policy