We are one of seven villages, part of the Ironstone Benefice in North Oxfordshire.
The church dedicated to St Etheldreda is situated on a hiilltop overlooking the village. It is Grade 1 Listed.
An excellent example of a medieval church. Dating from Norman to 13C/14C. It has three fine Early English doorways. Several wall paintings and a large wall painting of St Christopher, with the earliest depiction of rod and line anglers in this country, fishing by the light of the stars. Four architectural periods are harmonised in the building: Norman walls to chancel and font, through Early English, Decorated and Perpendicular. Two 15C stained glass windows.
The church had a major restoration in 1950.
Access: Two steps but reasonably level. Portable Ramps available in church. Onstreet car parking.