A most beautiful church. Set peacefully to the side of a steep wooded valley. Grade 1 listed. Dating back to the early 12th. Small and intimate architecture marking transition from Norman to early English. Steep roof replaced by low pitched roof in 14C. Organ chamber added 19C during major refurbishment, now used a Lady Chapel. Remarkable carved stone frieze along south clerestory - believed to depict the life of Edward, the Black Prince. Thomas Lydyat, famous scholar and rector of Alkerton, who died in penury in 1646, is buried in the chancel. Stone effigy of unknown knight in armour on chancel floor.
Access: Steep hill, or steps from Road, with on street parking.