St Bartholomew's is one of the tallest parish churches in Europe and was completed in 1874. It is a grade 1 listed church which is famous for its Arts and Crafts decorations by Henry Wilson.
Amongst its many treasures is a magnificent high altar with a 45ft baldacchino and backdrop of mosaics depicting the archangels and Christ in glory. It also has a spectacular Silver Plated Lady Altar.
St Bartholomew's is part of Brighton's heritage and is widely recognised as one of the city's proudest possessions.
Built as a mission church, everyone is welcome, whatever their reason for visiting. The church is also renowned for its musical tradition. The choir sings a different Mass each Sunday, their repertoire of 40 Masses including settings by Mozart, Haydn, Schubert, Beethoven, Gounod, Guilmant, Saint-Saens, Hummel, Byrd, Palestrina and Victoria.