Church of England Diocese of Chichester St. Paul Brighton

About Us

S Paul’s attracts a congregation from all over Sussex and provides a haven of calm, beauty and prayer to the many visitors and office workers who venture up the cloister.

S Paul's, the first of Brighton’s Wagner churches, was built in 1848 as a mission church for Brighton’s fishermen, or more likely for their families. It became a principal church of the Tractarian Movement.

The strength of its austere exterior is matched by the peace and beauty of the inside.