Welcome to information about Denton Church. Our website is: www.dentonchurch.co.uk We serve the communities of Denton, South Heighton and beyond. We meet at 10 am every Sunday for Christ-centred Bible teaching, praise and fellowship.
Please go to our website for up to date information and news: www.dentonchurch.co.uk
We are a church family who are friendly and informal but serious about following Jesus Christ and learning together from the Bible.
Please contact the Rev. Louis Wilson for more information, or about Banns, Marriages, etc. [email protected] // or telephone 01273 514319 or do look at our website:
Our church building was first built around 1288, later extended and carefully restored during the Decorated Period. The walls are of flint and stone and the Vestry was added during the 20th Century.
The Manor of Denton was held in Saxon times by Earl Godwin, Father of King Harold. It seems likely that Denton was destroyed during the Saxon rebellion of 1068. It does not appear in the Doomsday book of 1086. The remains of what is thought to have been a Priest's House in the west end of the churchyard, dating from about 1280, has recently been partly restored.