Welcome to Mark Cross Parish Church which was built in 1851, not as a church, but as a National School for village children aged between 4 and 11. Being one of the largest buildings in the village it served as a community meeting place in which church services were held on Sundays.
In 1873 a new larger school was built forming the nucleus of the present Church of England Primary School. The old school building was then adapted and extended to provide a small vestry and consecrated as the Parish Church dedicated to St Mark.
Since 1984 the parish has been linked with Rotherfield in a Combined Benefice.