We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
Please visit our website www.stlukesbenefice.co.uk for all the up to date information on services and events.
Welcome to the Church in the Woods!
We offer traditional Anglican worship according to the Book of Common Prayer.
The current church, completed in 1880 with the tower being added two years later, has an attractive pulpit of Sienna marble and beautiful choir stalls. The font was found in the undergrowth having been discarded (at some stage) from Tuxlith Chapel (see link) and dates from the 1600's.
Information about the stain-glass windows and the peal of bells in the tower can be found in the "History of Saint Luke's Church and Tuxlith Chapel", available in the church.
The churchyard, which is a spread of daffodils in the spring, was enlarged in the 1950's and the extra area consecrated as a new burial ground in the 1990's.
In 2008 we have extensively refurbished the church adding a toilet, kitchenette, new heating system and a mezzanine floor in the vestry. The lighting has also been replaced and significantly up graded providing a beautifully warm and well lit church with gracefully Victorian architecture; all thanks to a number of generous donations and bequests.
As well as our services, the church is also open for private prayer during the day.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below