At Penhurst, the worship and services use the 1662 Book of Common Prayer which is greatly appreciated by the congregation that meets there. Services are at 10.30 am every Sunday.
The Church dates from around 1370. It is situated in an elevated position in a quiet rural setting consisting of a Manor House with its farm buildings. The area remains largely unchanged and unspoilt over generations. The Church is built of Wealden sandstone in large blocks, carefully squared and without significant alteration over the years. The West tower has a tall elegant arch and there is a hipped roof with eaves and an interesting centre post. The tower contains two bells cast in 1781. On the North side there is a small Chapel now used as a meeting room and vestry. On the South side an open timber framed porch of simple design and with a weathered appearance which is of considerable interest.There are several other features in the Church which are notable including the 14th.century screen dividing the Nave from the Chancel and a Piscina on the South side of the Sanctuary. The carved oak pulpit dates from Tudor times and is thought to have been brought from the Long Melford Church in Suffolk. There are simple turned oak balusters to the Communion rail, probably introduced by order of Archbishop Laud. The oak box pews were made locally about the year 1858 and were a gift from the then Earl of Ashburnham. The Church was renovated in the late 1950s by Paul Broomhall who lived in the adjacent Manor House. He also established a trust fund for its upkeep. The patrons of the parish were members of the Ashburnham family until the 1930s, when the patronage passed to Rev. John Bickersteth , a grandson of the 4th Earl. In 1964 it was decided to give the patronage to the Trustees of the Ashburnham Christian Trust. The Church is open to visitors daily from 10am.