Since 2015, St Mary's Church, Sennicotts, has become part of the One Parish with St Mary, Funtington, and St Andrew, West Stoke. We celebrate and seek to serve God the Holy Trinity in the Villages and Hamlets of the Parish - including East & West Ashling.
PARISH WEBSITE: www.funtingtonweststoke.com FULL OF INFORMATION!
Notes about St Mary's Church, Sennicotts.
St Mary's, known also as Sennicotts Chapel: Sennicotts House is a large house built at the beginning of the 19th century by Charles Baker of the East India Company. In 1829 Charles Baker fell out with the Vicar of Funtington, George Bliss, and petitioned to build Sennicotts Church. The chapel was duly built and consecrated by the Bishop of Chichester but it was another 100 years before, following a Privy Council decision, it became part of the Benefice of Funtington. It has recently been refurbished with great attention to restoring the original detail, including the pink "pig's blood" colour of the walls.