History of the churchThe building of the church started in 1106 so we have just celebrated our 900th anniversary.
Our most notable treasure is a wooden effigy of a man in armour,thought to be Anthony St. Leger. It is the only wooden effigy in Sussex and the armour is of the period of the Wars of the Roses. Hilaire Belloc, who lived in Slindon, wrote a poem about our'knight' when he was only 9.
The church also has a memorial tablet to Stephen Langton, who died in Slindon and a newly installed memorial window engraved by Simon Whistler.