Church of England Diocese of Chichester Southwick

About Us

There has been a church on this site since Saxon times and we are one of the few continuously used churches dating from that time in the area.

The present church is probably the fourth church on the site: the first church was likely to have been made of wood, superseded possibly by a Saxon stone church, an updating by the Normans (nave destroyed by fire in 1830) and a 19th Century rebuild of the nave.

Until the 18th Century the dedication was to St Margaret