This ancient church is dedicated to St Mary the Blessed Virgin. It is well known for brasses commemorating the Barttelot family, who have been connected with Stopham since John Barttelot married Joan de Stoppa, an heiress, in 1379. The family's distinguished service during both World Wars and subsequent actions whilst serving in the Coldstream Guards is reflected by memorial tablets in the church and on the war memorial on the nearby village green.
St Mary's is rooted in the church's rich past, following the 1662 Order of Service every Sunday, with either sung Matins, Evensong or Holy Communion each week. We warmly welcome worshippers from near and far seeking strength through our traditional form of worship. Children of all ages are most welcome.
Further details can be found on our website and in the church porch.