Church of England Diocese of Chichester Udimore

About Us

In this ancient church of Our Lady at Udimore God's praises have been sung and the Sacraments administered since Saxon times. Parts of the present church date from the 11th Century but there was a complete rebuilding in 1220 and many alterations since then. Prebendary Frewer (a notable Tractarian) took over the parish in 1896, and a major restoration was started in 1897.