St Peter's is also known as the "Sele Priory Church" and was for many centuries a Benedictine Priory. It was almost completely demolished and rebuilt in 1307-1308. The tower holds 6 bells, and there is a good band of ringers. The church was an early part of Tractarianism, and under the influence of the Oxford Movement it has long stood in the "country catholic" tradition.
We are still growing and are becoming an inclusive church and welcome everyone to worship.