About UsThe Parish Church for the village of Westbourne, West Sussex. St John the Baptist is the western most Church in the Diocese of Chichester with the edge of its churchyard being the line of the county boundary with Hampshire. The Church building itself is very old with parts dating from the 12th Century. Much of the Church was rebuilt in the 1700 and 1800's. The current church organ was designed by Kenneth Tickell and was installed in 2001.
From the lych gate to the north porch door lies one of the oldest known Yew tree walks in England dating some 500 years.
The Parish includes a sister church, Woodmancote Chapel.
The traditions of the Church are mainstream Anglican with a strong choral background.
There are Sunday activities for children and young people. There is disabled access and WC facilites.
The Parish Hall is equally used for community and Church events.
More information about Westbourne Parish, Diocese of Chichester
Information about submitting a prayer request
For information about safeguarding policies at the church, visit the section on our main website https://www.westbourneparishchurch.org.uk/church/safeguarding/