About Us


The parish church, St Peter's, part of the united parish of Henfield, with Shermanbury and Woodmancote, stands alone beside the A281 road. Originally thirteenth century the church was largely rebuilt in 1868. 

The parish was recorded in the Domesday book of 1086 as Odemancote. Two of the Lewes martyrs, burnt at the stake in 1556, Thomas Harland and John Oswald, came from Woodmancote.