Ratcliffe-on-the-Wreake: St Botolph
The Church of England in Ratcliffe-on-the-Wreake - St Botolph's, Ratcliffe-on-the-Wreake
WE WILL COMMENCE SERVICES IN THE FOUR VILLAGES (QUENIBOROUGH, REARSBY, THRUSSINGTON WITH RATCLIFFE-ON-THE-WREAKE) FROM THE FIRST SUNDAY IN SEPTEMBER.
From September: What to expect if you come to Church.
BEFORE COMING TO CHURCH:
* If you have symptoms of Covid 19 please stay at home and follow NHS advice. If you are considered extremely vulnerable you may feel happier to continue shielding but please know, we are doing our best to make our churches safe environments.
* Whilst hand sanitizer will be available, if you are able to bring your own to use before receiving communion, that would be very helpful.
* You will need to sanitize your hands.
* A steward will take contact details and show you to your pew. You will need to sit with your household or ‘bubble’, so please wait until all members have arrived before entering the church. You may need to wait for a steward. This is to allow safe distancing.
* Please do your best not to touch anything other than the order of service.
* You will need to wear a mask throughout the service except to receive communion.
* Doors will be open throughout the service; please ensure warm enough clothing is worn.
DURING THE SERVICE:
* Service booklets will be on pews and should not be shared.
* We cannot sing in church but will listen to music.
* Communion will be brought to where you are sitting. It will be the host only.
* The Peace cannot be shared physically.
* Please consider giving to the church by standing order or leave donations on leaving church.
AFTER THE SERVICE:
* You will be guided by the stewards so that you can leave safely.
* You will need to sanitize your hands on leaving.
SERVICE TIMES AND DETAILS:
FIRST SUNDAY IN MONTH:
QUENIBOROUGH (At 11am): All Age Service
SECOND SUNDAY IN MONTH:
THRUSSINGTON (At 11am): Holy Communion
THIRD SUNDAY IN MONTH:
RATCLIFFE (At 5.30pm): Songs of Praise
FOURTH SUNDAY IN MONTH:
REARSBY (At 11am): Holy Communion
All Churches not holding a Sunday Service will be open for Private Prayer between 2pm and 4pm.
ZOOM SERVICES CONTINUE AT 9am on Sundays.
Please contact Rev’d. Sr. Mary on 1664 420193 or [email protected] if you wish to be added to the email list. Your email address will always be blind copied for privacy.
For pastoral support, please contact Rev'd Sr. Mary
The parish of Thrussington with Ratcliffe on the Wreake is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO). The Diocese of Leicester’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor (DSA) who advise our PSO. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the DSA. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority Children or Adults Services.
If you have a safeguarding concern, then please contact our Parish Safeguarding Officer. You can do this by sending an email to [email protected], which will be forwarded to the Parish Safeguarding Officer; or you can contact the Team Vicar.
Rev Sr Mary A’Herne-Smith CA - email [email protected] / phone 01664 420193
If you wish to speak to the Diocesan Safeguarding Team, or to someone outside the church, their contact details are available on the Safeguarding page of the Diocese of Leicester website.
If you have concerns about the immediate safety of someone please do not delay in calling the Police on 999 or contacting Children or Adult Services at the local authority:
Leicestershire County – Children’s Services - Office hours 0116 305 0005 / Out of hours 0116 305 0005
Leicestershire County – Adult Services - Office hours 0116 305 0004 / Out of hours 0116 255 1606