Facilities and features
St Mary’s was built in 1739 on the site of the earlier St Bartholomew. It is a simple brick structure consisting of west tower, nave, chancel and vestry. The chancel was restored in 1856 and the rest of the building in 1877 so that it now has the internal appearance and feel of a Victorian church.
The churchyard is laid mainly to grass, the upkeep of which is undertaken by Charnwood Borough Council. The churchyard is closed for burials but there is a separate burial ground some distance away.