Church of England Diocese of Southwark The Ascension Balham Hill

About the church

Built: 1883 - 90
Architect: Arthur Cawston

The church was built in the late nineteenth century with south transepts added latterly during the construction period. The interior has slender octagonal piers without capitals with large transepts and a narrow east aisle.

The church has been reordered to provide a central, smaller worship area that maintains the original sanctuary.