About the churchBuilt: 1868
Architect: Thomas Allom
Listing: Not listed
The church began in 1855 as a little cottage chapel in Castelnau, then expanding into the building of the present church in 1868. The church plan consists of a nave without aisles, vestigial transepts and chancel. It is constructed of coursed ragstone with dressed stone quoins and buttresses in a free Decorated style.
The church originally contained 12 stained glass windows, which were all destroyed by bombing during the Second World War.