About the churchBuilt: 1959
Architect: Thomas Ford
Listing: not listed
The building is on the site of a church of 1849 by C Lee and T T Bury, destroyed in the Second World War.
The present church was designed by Thomas F Ford in 1959. It is of reinforced concrete and brick construction, with copper covered barrel shaped main nave and transept roof, with felt covered side aisles and vestries. The interior is decorated in several places with murals by Hans Feibusch. A church hall and curate's flat were added around a courtyard to the south in 1975.