This ancient church has always been a dependent chapel of All Saints, Appleton-le-Street. Little now remains of the original Norman building; the tower dates from the 15th century and the present form of the church dates mainly from 1871 when the nave was rebuilt and the north aisle added. At the time of rebuilding the original font was removed and now stands outside near the porch. Of particular interest is the 14th century effigy of Sir John de Bordesden.
The Conservation Churchyard is a most attractive feature.
Parking is easiest on the main street as Church Street can get very congested.