A Grade 1 listed Saxon church which escaped improvement by the Victorians, All Saints contains much original stonework and has one of the finest Anglo-Saxon towers in the North of England. Inside, effigies date from the 13th and 14th centuries and some interior woodwork dates from 1636. Outside, a statue of the Virgin and Child, defaced at the time of the Reformation, can be seen in a niche above the porch. Set high above the village, All Saints commands magnificent views over the Vale of Pickering.
Access is via a footpath from the main road,or, better, follow the lane down the side of the Cresswell Arms pub and turn right, following signposts to the church. Car parking is available in the designated area of the churchyard, which is managed as a conservation churchyard.
Benefice Safeguarding Officer: Martyn Boothroyd tel: 01653 628399 . We follow Diocesan safeguarding policy guidelines as per http://www.dioceseofyork.org.uk/safeguarding