This lovely church sits at the junction of Ferry Lane and the road connecting Henley to Marlow. Possibly built as a wooden construction about 640AD by Birinus, a missionary bishop, and rebuilt in stone some 500 years later under the patronage of Hugh de Bolebec (1100 - 1165) who also endowed Woburn Abbey and founded Medmenham Abbey.
The current church dates from the 12th century with the tower and chancel from late 14th century. The Norman nave walls, built of chalk blocks and flint rubble, have been underpinned with modern brickwork and are supported by two external buttresses.
For services, please see our website www.hambleden-valley-churches.org.uk