Church of England Diocese of Leicester Shackerstone

About Us

<div>There has been a church dedicated to St Peter in Shackerstone since the beginning of 13th century. In 1416 the Church was acquired by the Augustine Order who were instrumental in the rebuilding of the church largely in its present form. In 1633 the oldest of the present three bells was installed followed by the Middle Bell in 1664. In 1845 Lord Howe rebuilt the south and north aisles, of the church, shortened the chancel by one bay and restored the nave, he also installed the present box pews and balcony. There are stained glass windows dedicated to those who lost their lives in the two world wars.</div>

We are part of the Bosworth Benefice, comprising:

St Peter's, Market Bosworth 

All Saints, Cadeby 

St Andrew's, Carlton 

St Mary the Virgin, Congerstone 

All Saints, Nailstone 

St Peter's, Shackerstone 

St James, Sutton Cheney