A Grade 1 listed church with parts dating from medieval times, the earliest recorded place of worship on the site being a Norman chapel. There is a Norman font in the church and also a 19th century stained glass window by Charles Kempe.
Memorials include the Moton family, Thomas Harvey (d.1544) and his two wives (Thomas with a wife on each side depicted on the alabaster tomb cover on a church wall) and Robert Chessher.
A recent discovery was a wooden cross from a First World War battlefield grave that was affixed to a stone cross in the graveyard and is now inside on the church wall. George Fallodown lies in a War Graves Commission cemetery in Belgium but his parents had the cross that was used to mark his first burial place brought back to Peckleton and fixed to the stone memorial – a gravestone with no interment. See www.thereturned.co.uk/crosses/peckleton/
The normal pattern of services is:
1st Sunday in the month: no service (Holy Communion at Kirkby Mallory, next village to west of Peckleton)
2nd Sunday in the month: Holy Communion (BCP) 9.00am
3rd Sunday in the month: congregation led service (modern text) 9.00am
4th Sunday in the month: Holy Communion (BCP) 9.00am
5th Sunday in the month: congregation led service (modern text) 9.00am