Frilsham’s little old church is in the valley below the Common where most of the village is now sited. It is dedicated to St Frideswide, an eighth century Saxon saint, but as far as we can trace the present church was first built in the twelfth century – probably on an older site. It still retains its Norman ‘feel’, although the Chancel and bigger windows were added in the fifteenth century and the brick tower and porch in 1834. The interior has been adapted over the centuries to meet changing needs and styles of worship. It is now well maintained and welcoming.
Frilsham and Yattendon have always been closely associated and are now one parish within the Benefice of the Hermitage Team Ministry.