For almost 200 years, there has been a Christian presence in this part of Camberwell. St George's Church began its life in 1824, in the old church on Wells Way.
In the 1880's Trinity College Cambridge was looking to support a parish in a poorer part of London, and the Parish of St George was proposed. The Charity 'Trinity in Camberwell' was created in1885 as the social outreach of Trinity College Cambridge.
Since that time, St George's Church and Trinity in Camberwell, have worked together to provide support to the local population in many ways in the new St George's Church and Trinity College Centre, which were opened in 1983.